What's my mentoring style?
Explore the different mentoring styles.
- Teach and inform on concepts, ideas, and more.
- Help explain and clarify material.
- Share knowledge and experiences.
- Provide encouragement.
- Remind them of their progress, accomplishments
- Fuel their potential to keep doing great work.
- In the mentee's best interest, push back on limiting beliefs (for the better).
- Provide alternatives to also consider.
- Ask questions that evoke reflection and action.
- Collaborate with mentee to create big ideas together.
- Brainstorm actionable steps to realize ideas.
- Actively listen.
- Instead of providing answers and guidance, be there for mentee by listening to them.
- Radiate solidarity and acknowledge that they are being heard.
- Help mentee find resources and people. You may not know the answer, but you're happy to help discover existing resources that can provide insights.
- Share resources such as articles, books, media, events, and programs.
- Introduce people to one another